Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013


Introduction

So with all us being bombarded with blogging and tweeting, with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Google+, and with Mobile advertising, why have I decided to add another voice to this mix?  It seems that the journeyman practice has perished.  Internships are in disguise, being more of a dumping of unwanted tasks onto unsuspecting students than opportunities to be mentored in a trade.  Today, if we don't know the answer to a question, we turn to our favorite search engine to surf the Internet  for the answer.  With nearly 30 years of experience in Information Technology, I have accumulated and maintained a body of knowledge that some may find useful.  With a blogging venue, I hope to share lessons learned, tips, tricks, and some best practice / common practices that I have found helpful in my experiences.

One of my goals will be to practice the KISS principle (Keep It Short & Simple).  There will be no attempts to complicate challenges and more importantly the responses to challenges.  Another goal I hope to accomplish is to have fun with my blogging efforts.  Quite frankly, if I do not enjoy blogging, neither you the reader nor I will experience much benefit or interest.

Although this blog will focus primarily on PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), I will occasionally sprinkle some project management, business process management, and collaboration concept postings that I feel apply to any or all of these disciplines.

Enjoy.

1 comment: